Terms & Conditions
Agreement about the use of “the website” between the Inter-American Center for Social Security Studies (CIESS) and “the user (s)
The use of this Site constitutes agreement with the following terms and conditions:
1. The CIESS maintains this web site (“the Site") as a courtesy to the members of the CIESS and to those who may choose to access the Site ("The User (s)") . The information presented herein is for informative purposes only. The CIESS is pleased to allow “The User (s)” to visit the Site and download and copy the information, documents and materials (collectively, "materials") from the Site for “The User's” personal, non-commercial use, without any right to resell, redistribute or create derivative works therefrom, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, and also subject to more specific restrictions that may apply to specific material within this Site.
2. The CIESS administers this Site. The Inter-American Center for Social Security Studies (CIESS) is a permanent, specialized, technical, nonprofit international organization formed by government agencies, institutions and other entities in the Americas engaged in regulating, managing, studying or researching social security from one or several perspectives. The CIESS was founded in 1942, in Santiago, Chile, and has 66 member institutions, representing 36 countries of America. All material on this Site came from the various agreements of the General Assembly, Permanent Committee, Sub-Regions and American Social Security Commissions (CASS) of the CIESS, from the Inter-American Centre of Social Security Studies (CIESS), the Secretariat of the CIESS, as well as his Full, Associate and Adherent Members of the CIESS among other internal areas that compose it. In addition, there is the possibility that any internal area of the CIESS and its members may have additional terms and conditions that govern the use of their material.
3. Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings interpretations and conclusions expressed in the materials in this Site are those of the various authors of the work and are not necessarily those of the CIESS as an international organization, or the countries she represent.
4. Materials provided on this site are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. The CIESS specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such materials. The CIESS periodically adds, changes, improves, or updates the materials on this Site without notice. Under no circumstances shall the CIESS be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered which is claimed to resulted from use of this Site, including without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto. Use of this Site is at “The User's) sole risk. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall the CIESS or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if the CIESS has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
5. User specifically acknowledges and agrees that the CIESS is not liable for any conduct of any User.
6. This site may contain advice, opinions, and statements of various information providers and content providers. The CIESS does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider or content provider, or any user of this site or other person or entity. Reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, or other information shall also be at your own risk. Neither the CIESS nor its members, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, timeliness, completeness, deletion, defect, failure of performance, computer virus, communication line failure, alteration of, or use of any content herein, regardless of cause, for any damages resulting therefrom.
7. As a condition of use of this Site, “The User (s)” agrees to indemnify the CIESS and its members from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out User's use of this Site, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by User of these terms and conditions. If “The User (s)” is dissatisfied with any material on this Site or with any of terms and conditions of use of this Site, User's sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using this Site.
8. Nothing in this Site or any materials shall be construed, implicitly or explicitly, as containing any investment recommendations. Accordingly, nothing in such Site, or in such materials, constitutes an offer of or an invitation by or on behalf of the CIESS to purchase or sell any shares or securities nor should it be considered as investment advice.
9. This Site contains links to third-party web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of the CIESS and the CIESS is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The CIESS provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement of the linked site by the CIESS.
10. If this Site contains bulletin boards, chat rooms, access to mailing lists or other message or communication facilities (collectively, "Forums"), “The User (s) agree (s) to use the Forums only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Forum. By way of example, and not as a limitation, “The User (s) agree (s) that when using a Forum, “The User (s) shall not do any of the following:
a) Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
b) Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information.
c) Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
d) Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
e) Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
f) Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
g) Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters. Download any file posted by another user of a Forum that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
11. “The User (s) acknowledges that all Forums or Discussion Groups are public and not private communications. Further, User acknowledges that chats, postings, conferences, e-mails and other communications by other users are not endorsed by the CIESS, and such communications shall not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by the CIESS. The CIESS reserves the right for any reason to remove without notice any contents of the Forums received from “The User (s), including without limitation e-mail and bulletin board postings.
12. This Agreement will be interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of Mexico City. Any action to enforce this agreement shall be brought in the federal courts located in Mexico City.
13. Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of the CIESS, which are specifically reserved, under the Agreements signed on October 13th, 2004 between the Federal Government and the Minister of External Affairs.
14. The CIESS reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the site or any materials in any respect. The CIESS shall have no obligation to take the needs of any user into consideration in connection therewith.
15. The CIESS reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any user access to this Site or any portion thereof without notice.
17. No waiver by the CIESS of any provision of this Agreement shall be binding except as set forth in a writing signed by its duly authorized representative.